TGIF! Though I am still working today, with a photoshoot scheduled in the afternoon for a major client I am so relived this whole week is over! With Fashion Forward Season 10 just last weekend, working on finishing the blog- especially the posts that had to be prepared for the landing (home)page, juggling my full-time job working as a Social Media Manager I’ve spent the past 5 days working from 9-9 in the office, I could work at home but I am much productive sitting in front of my huge iMac without my cat or bed as a distraction.
I wanted to start sharing monthly favorites because a lot of times on my instastories I get asked about things from my fitness routine, an app I use, what I am currently reading, so on… So why not condense everything I’ve been loving all in one blogpost, noh?
- A Beautiful Composition of Broken by r.h. Sin – if you know me you would know I love reading, poetry especially. Something about a thick heavy poetry book and a cup of tea that calms all my nerves and anxieties. Coming into the month of October I wasn’t feeling too amazing about myself, I was feeling a little broken and lost and because i am not very vocal about my feelings, I turned to the one thing that comforted me the most- I ordered a bunch of poetry books off of amazon and I didn’t start reading ‘A Beautiful Composition of Broken’ until a few days ago but I am obsessed.
r.h. Sin, bestselling author of the Whiskey, Words & a Shovel series, returns with a collection of poetry and prose meant to remind the wounded that they are, in fact, beautiful in a way society may never comprehend.
- Venum Elite Boxing Gloves – Going back to not feeling amazing about myself end-September I knew I had to do something to release all the stress built up inside of me. I’ve always wanted to try boxing and thought it was now or never. I go to Round 10 Boxing at their JLT location with Sir Norbz as my Personal Trainer. Its very refreshing working out with another person- I usually (still do) work out by myself every 5AM at my local gym.
There’s an incredibly cathartic release when you get to take some of your stress out on a punching bag. It’s an empowering feeling to punch your stress to smithereens.
- Huji Cam – You may have already noticed on my most recent posts and stories on instagram the sudden change in editing- well its not, its all just an app called HUJI Cam. Camera makers of every era always tried to capture the best moments and such an effort continued back in 1998 as well, whereby our memories became clearer. Blast from the past, HUJI Cam has the effort of those days to leave precious moments as vivid and vibrant photographs.
- COVER FX Custom Enhancer drops in Moonlight – I very rarely wear makeup, when I do I never wear too much of it. I’ve always instead invested in beauty products so I was surprised to find myself inside a Sephora for the first time this month (I know, i know, I am a sinner) for a new highlighter. I had just hit pan on my 20AED wet&wild highlighter and felt like treating myself a little bit and oh my god am I glad I did. These customizable drops can be used to create a buildable highlight or sunkissed tint. Use them alone for a light reflective strobing or bronzing effect even on top of powder, or add them to your favorite liquid foundation or skincare product for an all-over glow, I do both.
- TOPSHOP Black Mules (SOLD OUT, but similar here and here) – My all-time favorite style of shoe, legit. I used to think mules were the ugliest looking pair of shoes, thank god they blew up and anyone who was anyone in the fashion scene started wearing them because you bet I was about to hop on that trend. Not only are they the most comfortable things ever, considering how much flat shoes hurt my feet, they are the easiest to pair with any outfit. My mother says I have an unhealthy obsession now that I own a pair in ever color (including gold).